Our NYC Hotel's Perfect Location in Midtown East
Guide to the Neighborhood
Experience the pulsating city at your own pace. Midtown East, situated in the heart of New York City, is the perfect destination from which to explore the vibrant Times Square, the bright lights of Broadway, and so much more.
The Gotham Hotel is located in the very center of Midtown East, between the iconic 5th and Madison Avenues and steps from Grand Central Station, making ours one of the most accessible boutique hotels in NYC. Located near the most popular attractions in New York City, The Gotham Hotel is an urban oasis with its apartment-style accommodations and the residential, upscale elegance of the Midtown East neighborhood permeating its walls. This boutique hotel in Manhattan is also family friendly for family vacations offering the best hotel deals in New York City.
Midtown East is the New York City home to elite institutions including the United Nations, embassies from around the world, and major media headquarters including NBC, CBS, ABC, and FOX.
Explore the upscale shops that line 5th Avenue or experience world-class dining at the top-rated restaurants in Midtown East, all within walking distance of The Gotham Hotel. And when you’re ready to sit back and unwind, our terraces facing 46th Street provide the perfect bird’s-eye views for soaking in the scenes of the city.Be sure to check out our top 10 things to do in Manhattan, including:
- Times Square: Whether you're visiting during the holiday season or the height of summer, Times Square is constantly bustling with bright lights and visitors and locals alike. Marvel at many unique buildings, ads, stores and enjoy your visit to the iconic home of the New Year's Eve ball drop.
- Empire State Building: Discover the city from a new vantage point amid this famed 102-story skyscraper. More than just a stellar view, the Observation Deck at the Empire State Building is an unparalleled experience inside a famed landmark.
- Museum of Modern Art: Fuel your creativity and ignite your mind during your visit to New York. Every visit to MoMA is sure to offer inspiration through its extraordinary exhibitions and numerous collections.
- Radio City Music Hall: Have some free time on your hands? Escape to Radio City Music hall for live entertainment events at this famed "Showplace of the Nation."
- Rockefeller Center: Escape to an iconic landmark in the heart of Midtown at Rockefeller Center where you'll enjoy shopping, dining, ice skating and stunning views from the Top of the Rock.
- Bryant Park/New York Public Library: Nestled along 5th Avenue, discover a welcome escape at Bryant Park. During your visit be sure not to miss out on the iconic New York Public Library in all its literary and architectural wonder.
- St. Patrick's Cathedral: One of New York's most prominent landmarks, St. Patrick's Cathedral sits on 5th Avenue and offers a stunning backdrop for photos for individuals who can't get enough of intricately adorned buildings.
- United Nations Headquarters: Discover the official headquarters of the United Nations since the complex's completion in 1952. After you've spotted where history gets made, enjoy a leisurely stroll along the East River.
- 5th Avenue Shopping: From Saks to Bloomingdales and beyond you'll find iconic window displays and some of your favorite designers have decided to call Fifth Avenue home. Go ahead, treat yourself.
- Chrysler Building: Set your sights on the tallest building in the world from May 1930 until April 1931 at the Chrysler Building, a unique skyscraper that frames Manhattan's skyline in Art Deco fashion.